Premium Golden Bird's Nest
Well known as the "Caviar of the East", bird's nests are made from interwoven strands of hardened saliva from swiftlets. They are normally found clinging to vertical walls of caves and cliffs.
- The world's bird's nests originate from Southeast Asia, mainly Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia.
- White bird's nest is the most sought after due to its pearly white color and high quality. In ancient times, white bird's nests were often given as a present to the king and nobles. They are also known as the "Nobles Bird's Nest".
- Studies have shown the saliva strands are mainly made of proteins followed by carbohydrates, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron and essential amino acids1.
- Bird's nests are mild and a little sweet. In Chinese medicine, they are known to nourish the lungs and stomach when they lack yin energy, dissipate phlegm and relieve cough2. Since the lungs are correlated with our skin, nourishing the lungs with the consumption of bird's nests is believed to improve complexion.
- Bird's nests are particularly suitable for pregnant women as they are rich in proteins and amino acids. They play a vital role in the absorption of nutrients within the body, improving metabolic functions and contributing to the healthy development of the fetus and the post-natal vigor of the mother.
- The most traditional way to enjoy bird's nests is to eat it as sweet (tong sui), or savory soup. When boiled in water, the nests dissolve into a soft and gelatinous jelly that is used to make into the soups.
- To prepare bird's nest, submerge them in a bowl of fresh water. After 1-2 hours, briefly soak them in boiling water for a few minutes and transfer them to a bowl of cold water to continue soaking before use.
- For those who lead a busy life, eating bottled bird's nest that has already been cleaned and prepared saves time and it offers comparable health benefits like dried bird's nest.
- Bird's nests are best consumed on an empty stomach for best absorption of the nutrients.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.