Hsu's American Ginseng Tea - 40 Tea Bags
- American ginseng's (Panax quinquefolius) main chemical components are ginsenosides which is where its medicinal properties come from, and polysaccharide glycans (quinquefolans A, B, and C)1.
- More than 90% of American ginseng grown in the United States is grown in Wisconsin which is also the most popular.
- American ginseng is light tan in color. Wrinkles around the neck indicates the age of the plant. It is ready to use when it has grown for about at least 5-6 years.
- Native Americans used the ginseng root as a stimulant and to treat headaches, fever, indigestion, and infertility.
- American ginseng is available in various forms: dried root, tea, in powder, capsules, energy drinks or candies.
- Laboratory studies in animals have found that American ginseng is effective in boosting the immune system, and as an antioxidant2.
- Other studies show that American ginseng is beneficial to relieving inflammatory diseases, controlling blood glucose levels, inhibiting tumor growth and improving mental concentration.
- American ginseng is effective in preventing the cold and flu, as well as in minimizing associated symptoms.
- It is sometimes called adaptogen and has adaptogenic effects, meaning it helps the body to deal with external adverse influences such as stress and restore the body to its normal healthy state.
- American ginseng differs from Asian ones (Chinese or Korean) as it is milder and has cooling and relaxing properties instead of stimulating.
- Traditionally, American ginseng root is double boiled together with chicken or old hen to make a soup.
- Alternatively, many choose to brew ginseng tea. It is an excellent substitute for coffee to produce natural energy and improve concentration.
There are many other ways to consume American ginseng such as in powder, capsules, energy drinks, and candies.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.