Premium Extra Thick Dried Fish Maw F02-03 (Female)
- Fish maw (or fish stomach) is the commercial term for the dried swim bladders of large fish such as croakers and sturgeons.
- It is free of fishy taste and an excellent absorbent that absorbs flavors of other ingredients and adds depth to a dish.
- It is graded according to sex of the fish: male bladders and female ones, and male ones are more expensive than females in general.
- For the Chinese, it is considered one of the big four delicacies of the sea, among abalone, sea cucumbers and shark fins.
- Fish maw is high in protein and low in fat. It has an abundance of collagen and is rich in amino acids.
- In Chinese medicine, it is said to foster yin energy and in turn invigorates blood circulation, alleviates joint pain, improves complexion, eases discomfort of pregnancy and speeds up post-operative healing.
- Fish maw must be soaked in fresh cold water, usually overnight until softened. Rinse fish maw and change water the next day. Soak again by adding some white wine vinegar in the water before use. Must not use hot water or fish maw may melt.
- Fish maw is a popular alternative to shark's fin or bird's nest in soups or stews or it can be combined with either with chicken for a nourishing soup.
- Fish maw from males can withstand long boiling times while females become soft and gelatinous much quicker. While male fish maw is suitable to be consumed by all ages and especially pregnant women, female fish maw has gained popularity as a beauty food for better complexion.
- Fish maw is suitable for making soup or braising. Fish maw soup and fish maw soup with sea cucumber. Braised Fish Maw with Shiitake commonly seen in family gathering dinners or in Chinese New year or wedding banquet.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.
Abalone, sea cucumber, fish maw and scallop are natural products. The shipment of the product may vary by size and quantity. As they are sold by weight, number of items per pound listed in description are approximate. Our quality control team will ensure a consistent quality. Buy with confidence.