Dried Cordyceps (Dong Chong Xia Cao)
- Cordyceps, known as Dong Chong Xia Cao (winter-worm summer-grass) in Chinese, is one of the most famous traditional Chinese medicines. They have been used for centuries as a general tonic. Cordyceps are the genus of parasitic fungi that grow on the larvae of insects. In summer, when the weather is getting warmer, the fungi start attacking their host, they replace its tissue and sprout long, slender stems that grow outside the host’s body.
- Cordyceps are primarily produced in the high mountain regions of Chinese provinces of Tibet, Qinghai, Sichuan, Yunnan. Superior cordyceps have intact with full and large insect body, bright yellow outer color with white fractured surface, and short stroma. Due to its scarcity, it is a highly valued herb across the world.
- According to the theory of Chinese medicine, Cordyceps are sweet in taste and neutral in nature. It soothes the lungs, helps clearing phlegm and replenishes the kidneys. It has been used for combating fatigue, cough, hyposexuality, as supplements after severe illness. It also provides relief from occasional sleeplessness as well as allergic rhinitis. The elderly who has fatigue or general weakness will benefit from Cordyceps. It is very restorative and people can benefit at enhancing vigor and vitality.
- Consult your doctor if you have rheumatoid arthritis, suffering from cold or fever, on medication or have a medical condition.
- Do not use on the pregnant, nursing women and children.
- Keep refrigerated at 35-46°F (2°C-8°C) and keep out of reach of children.
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only. Actual product may vary.
- See packaging for further details.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.