Chrysanthemum Tea with Goji Berries
Busy at work, burning the midnight oil or lack of good eating habits are said to cause the internal “overheating” effect in Chinese medicine. Spending hours in front of screen can also place gradual strain on eyes. The good news is that chrysanthemum tea is a great agent for rebalancing the body and can help reduce eye strain, red eyes and blurry vision.
Chrysanthemum tea is a natural coolant. It helps to cool the body heat, soothe dry mouths and itchy throats, cough and inflammation. Pairing chrysanthemum flowers with goji berries, is a powerful boost to improve our eyes’ health.
With its delicate fragrance and mildly sweet taste, chrysanthemum tea helps to relax and soothe those frazzled nerves. Try inhaling the tea before you drink. You will enjoy the wonderful floral aroma.
For me, both the color and taste of this tea are quite appealing. This easy tea recipe can be served all the year along, at home or in the office! Let’s take a sip!
Ingredients (1 serving)
Dried Chrysanthemum Bud – 1 tbsp
Goji berries - 1 tbsp
Honey - optional
- To remove the dust on the surface, prewashed the tea and goji berries with 80°C hot water (not boiling water) for 3-5 seconds.
- Steep chrysanthemum in a container with 250ml boiling water for 3 minutes, then add the goji berries and steep for further 2 minutes.
- Add honey to taste (optional)
A detoxifying chrysanthemum goji tea is ready! How simple!
Special Notes :
- Chrysanthemum is cooling in nature. People with frequent diarrhea and pregnant women and during menstruation, should consult your doctor before use.
- Avoid this product if you have allergies to chrysanthemum products.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.
- Sophia Tsao