Dried Conger Fish Maw Soup
Looking for family meal ideas? For those who are experienced in the kitchen and comfortable with intermediate/ advanced level recipes, this is the perfect dish to brush up your cooking skills. Serve this hearty, filling, cold-winter soup to your family in the holiday season.
Dried Conger Pike Maw
Shredded cooked chicken
Egg white mixture
8 thin slices
1 tbsp cornstarch mix with 3 tbsp water
2 egg whites beaten with salt and white pepper
- Soak fish maw in warm water for 2 hours. Rehydrate shiitake mushrooms for 20 mins, remove and discard the stem, cut the cap into thin strips.
- Place fish maw in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 4 ginger slices and bring to boil. Boil for 5mins on medium low heat and then drain fish maw in a colander, rinse with cold water, and squeeze out any excess water.
- Cut the fish maw into 1/2 inch diced pieces.
- Heat the chicken broth and the remaining ginger slices in a large pot until boiling. Add the fish maw and the shiitake mushrooms. Heat to boiling and then turn to medium low heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove the ginger from the soup, turn to high heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture. When soup returns to rapid boil, stir in egg white mixture a little at a time and stir constantly with a fork until egg white mixture forms threads. Add the shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and serve. Enjoy!
Leave your comment below if you have any questions or cooking tips to share with other readers!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone currently under medication should consult their physician before taking any health supplements.
- Jimmy Wu